Who causes you the most stress in your life?

Right now I'm at my wits end dealing with stress caused by my family. My mother and step father are having a fight and my mom took off out of state to be with my brother, bailed my other brother out of jail, having to make my grown brother lunch for work because he's too lazy and broke to buy or make a sandwich.
Everyday I get a phone call from one of them asking for help. Just now It was my step father crying he wants my mom back!
Besides all this stress these people cause me, MY home life is stress free. And I wish these people would get their life straight and leave me alone! So not fair!

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 11:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• angryso sorry family is the worse case of stress in almost everyones life i think......try not answer the phone when they call if its an emergancy i'm sure they will leave a message......some times a little tough love goes a long way.........

and right now for me the person stressing me out is my EX but that a whole can a worms i dont want to open right now.......

cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Maybe you tell them get your life together you are welcome here but not to bring stress and cause drama. They are welcome to come and visit other then that let them know they are welcome just not to cause trouble.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• HUGS HUN...
    i myself am a stress free person i don't let things bother me much at all.. but then i am a blunt person too.. i would tell my brother the crap is there to make a sandwich so get to it.. i'm not his wife or momma... you need to tell your step dad to call your mom if he wants her back but nicely.. and when they do call for help let them know you would if you could right now you don't always have to be the person to fall on..
    i too would do anything for my family cause i love them to death but they are grown ppl too and i don't have a problem letting them know that.
    but focus on your life and your happiness cause in the end that is what matters.
    lynnlang

Answer by lynnlang at 11:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Girl, I totally understand! That is my family!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My step daughter irritates the s*it out of me. There's no arguing or screaming we just have that smart ass thing. My brother would starve and die if he was too lazy to make a lunch for himself. It's different if he's willing to help himself. Sorry.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 11:32 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• On the phone call thing.,...why don't people ever just ignore the call !! It drives me nuts that people will just keep answering the phone when there's an idiot on the other end. My sister does that to my mom.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 11:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Right now the stress is my DD and grand DD's living with us. I am not use to having kids around.

Answer by louise2 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• For me I tend to want to help everybody lol I stress more about other people's problems and it drives my DH up the wall! Mostly what's going on w/my sisters and parents, they're across the country.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:48 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• For me, it's my cousin. He just turned 18 and finished his 3 yr sentence in Juvenile campus. Since I am the only family that doesn't live in my hometown they want me to let him come live with me to get a "fresh start". I personally don't think I can help him and not really wanting to seeing as how I don't have the space and I am expecting in July. Ugh.. I just wish they'd stop pushing it on me and that he'd start acting like the adult he is now.
    People like to throw their drama wherever they feel they can get attention. Stay strong and just remember that you're not the one that is going through the hard times.. Be happy about that. JMO.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• That would be my grown son who moved back in to attend school. He graduates in July and has 3 months after that to be out. The how and why of the stress would wear the keyboard out. It is enough to say my life, my home and my family is more stable and in peace when he isn't around. Yes, I love my son. I just don't like who he has become.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2011