What is the best monitor & swing to get for newborns?

Hey Mommies & Moms to be!!

i am a first time parent & my little boy will be here in june and i am trying to find out what is the best baby monitor to get..
i was looking into the Angelcare Movement Sensor Or like a normal one like the sony 900MHZ.
My mom tells me that i dont need no real expensive monitor that my motherly instincts <- i am sorry if i spelled that word wrong!!- will kick in but being a first time mom i am still a little nervous and just want to be safe!
please give me your opinions!!!!! :)

&& also for a swing! because i heard that swings become life savers i have been reading my reviews for everything.. and i just cant really decide
we have a little living room so i was looking into getting one of them easy assemble & small ones? i believe they are called like travel swings or something would that be the best route? i mean are they as good as normal swings or should i just suck it up and get him a big swing!??!!
i would like all the help i can get please! :)
thank yall soooo much!!!!

Mandy!

MandyNJustin

Asked by MandyNJustin at 11:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Even though the swing is great, they are only in it for a very short time. 3 months at the most. So don't get a very expensive one. I'm sure the small one is fine. Make sure it is battery operated or plugs in. You don't want to turn a crank (do they even make those anymore?) I just had any old monitor, it was fine. I know they make them now that you can see the baby, but I don't think it's necessary. Believe me, you will hear the baby when he cries. I never used the monitor with my younger 2. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Hmmm I agree with mompam about the monitor, I am the monitor lol. As for the swing though, DD 3.5 mo and still using it. We spent just over $100 on it, its good to 35lbs, it swings front to back and side to side, 15 different songs and nature sounds and has a tray to hook to it with 2 toys on it and a mobile above. She's not in it maybe an hour/day on a long day and we haven't changed batteries yet. Here's the link for it :)

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&biw=1259&bih=878&q=bright+stars+swing&safe=on&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=6501809166456075148&sa=X&ei=AFGwTb_tF4OitgeSiIH9Cw&ved=0CDMQ8gIwAw#
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I really likes the Security Man baby monitor I was able to watch him on the TV and hear him and walk around with the portable to watch as well
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:36 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I used a slider/glider that slides forward and sideways (with music) both my sons loved it and they can use it for longer than a swing. i think they are like $80 at target. plus if your baby is congested they can even sleep in it to help elevate their heads. I still have the same one that is going to be used on #3. As for the monitor, a news story I saw last week worried me about the tv ones. If anyone in a 1 to 5 mile area has a monitor they can watch your baby too!!!! They showed it. They run on the same frequency and anybody can buy a tv monitor and drive around waiting for it to work. I use a simple brand that lets you hear the baby and has a clip. That is all you need.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2011