My husband doesn't want my son going out of town with us..

We are seperated but trying to work it out. Every year we go to TN for Easter. Last night I asked was he OK with my son going. He said he would be uncomftable and have a bad weekend if my son went. So, should I just tell him to have fun and maybe next time we can all go. Or should I just tell him to kiss myA$$ and move on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Ask him if he wants to go.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I don't get why you asked him if he really didn't have a choice in the matter anyway. Is this usually a family event or something you and DH do as a couple?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Why wouldnt he want your son to be there with you for Easter? That is not right at all. How old is your son and is your son his son too? I'm guessing he isn't.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I know in Ohio, the laws forbids me from taking my son ANYWHERE out of the state unless his father agrees & gives me written permission OR I go to the courts & the judge grants me the right to take him out of state. If I take him out of state without either and his father finds out & presses charges, I can be charged with KIDNAPPING! How crazy right ? I think its best to avoid TN for now & have fun in your own state. Better safe than sorry.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• We all go as a family every year. He gets his 2 youngest daughters and I take my two kids. My son does want to go because my Dh mom is so ogood to the kids. She is not rich but she is so sweet with them. My son would be upset knowing that his stepdad told me he couldn't go.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My kids father is deceased so there is no problem with me taking him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think stepdad stays home. Or you ALL stay home if you don't ALL go.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• wow that a hard question maybe talk to him and see why he is uncomfortable
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 11:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I spent way too many years letting my ex make decisions and trying to be fair. If i had it to do all over again I would do what my children would have prefered, without giving them the choice. Cuz it's way too much pressure on a child to ask them what they want, they feel like they have to choose and don't want to hurt either parents feelings.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My DH has told me that he doesn't like my son but I never thought that he would try to keep him from family functions. What's next? Christmas!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2011