Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

How can I make sure my biological mother will not have anything to do with my child?

My biological mother is a manipulative, compulsive liar who crossed the line one too many times. I have cut her out of my life but she is currently using my family to "stalk" and get to me. I explained to my siblings and my father why I cut her out and they understood. My biological mother uses my nieces and nephews to get to me. I want to know if there is anything court ordered i can do to make sure she has to stay out of both my and my child's life.

Answer Question

Asked by alainalee at 11:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Relationships

Level 6 (147 Credits)
Answers (16)
  • You can see about a restraining order. And reiterate to your family that she is to STAY AWAY. Cut THEM off as well if needed.

    Answer by gdiamante at 11:28 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

  • Move....far away. Other than that I agree with gdiamante.

    Answer by ohwrite at 11:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

  • A restraining order?? Other than that she has no rights anyway and if you don't want her in your child's life you don't have to let her.

    Answer by bdflykisses at 11:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

  • You can get a restraining order if she's abusive and you're afraid of her, but that's only a piece of paper :( Not sure if you can get one b/c you don't like her...I know it's more than you not liking her but that's probably how the courts will interpret it. Just don't take you babies near her and don't go where she goes.

    Answer by yesmaam at 11:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

  • like bdflykisses said restraining order... you don't want her in your life or your childs then that is your choice and if she is stalking and hurasing you then yes you can take it to court... if you don't feel safe you should be protected if you have told her once to stay out of your life and that she is not wanted in it and hasn't then the judge will grant you that right.

    Answer by lynnlang at 11:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

  • prob a restraining order good luck

    Answer by ChanQ at 11:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

  • If you don't want her in your children's lives that's good enough for most people... She has no legal authority here so... Good luck!

    Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 11:48 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

  • I moved from Oregon to Texas. stopped talking to her, blocked her on facebook and changed my number. told my family that i don't want contact with her

    Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

  • get a restraining order (because of the harrasment) that states she can not contact you thur a 3rd party (thats what i had to do with my ex , because he keep trying to go thur my sister to get to me).......and any time someone brings her up stop them and tell them you dont care....after doing that few times they will get the hint......good luck

    Answer by cara124 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

  • I agree with PP"s who said restraining order, but you might have to limit your contact with your other relatives if they keep getting involved in your stuff!

    Answer by kimigogo at 12:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.