How likely is it for me to have twins if my great grandmother was a twin.

I would love to have twins.. I have a doctors appt on Tuesday.

baadams

Asked by baadams at 11:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Beats me. I wondered that too. My grandmother seem to be always hoping for someone in the family to have twins because her father was a twin. I don't really plan on having my own kids though so most likely it won't be me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• well, im 5 weeks pregnant, and im so anxious to see if i can have twins.
    baadams

Comment by baadams (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Just because it is in your family. Does not mean you will have twins. You will find out when you get pregnant.

Answer by louise2 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I wonder this too. my father is a twin, my mother had twins, my husbands grandmother was a twin and there were 2 more sets of twins that were her siblings. The fear of having twins give me nightmares LOL. I give major props to mom's that have them. i could imagine having to of my DS. I love him to death but that kid has a never ending stream of energey. LOL.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• *two
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I was worried about having twins. My mother was a twin and my brother has twin siblings. I had three kids and no twins, thank goodness. So i'm not sure how the family history of twins effects your chances. Good luck though!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• my mom was to be a triplet but ended up a twin because grandma lost the boy, my dad was to be a twin but grandma lost the twin brother, then my mom's dad had twin sisters. i feel lucky to have single births each time not sure i could do very well with twins especially after c section with this one i was almost flat on my face if it were not for my mom and father in law i probably would be face down.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Twins- a FLUKE of nature - pure and simple!!! Fraternal - you are extremely fertile. Identical - the egg split at the right time.
    That's it - nothing more. There isn't a twin gene. Every family will have a set somewhere in their family history. And twin pregnancies are more common than most people realize as what some perceive as implantation bleeding is often a woman miscarrying one baby, but keeping the other more viable egg.

Good luck with your pregnancy though.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• it is possibly
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 2:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Implatation is NOT a twin egg being miscarried. This is the cause of implantation bleeding. The egg actually attaches itself to the mother’s circulatory system via the wall of the uterus, and this is where the blood comes from.

And here is more infor on twins.

http://www.twinsarefun.com/2010/12/myhalf-sister-had-twins-and-my-dads-siter-had-twins-am-i-a-candidate-for-having-twins/
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011