Have you ever wondered?

why people ask and answer question with anonymous??

Do you give them best answer if they answer anonymous?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I dont give anyone who answers anonymous best answer. I get some questions i would ask anon like " My husband screwed around on me & has HIV what do i do" Soemthing like that i "may" ask anon prolly wouldnt though LOL. Anon just annoys me to no end.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 11:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'm sure there are many reasons why people choose to do that... I like the believe they are trying to be 'mysterious'.
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 11:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• sometime just for the heck of it. But most because they don't want to be embarased or bashed.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• They want their privacy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:32 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i dont want the credit most of the time which is why I answer anon. I'm not out for points, just passing the time.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Do you give them best answer if they answer anonymous?

No. I don't typically bump them either, unless there's something really obnoxious in the "recently bumped", though that doesn't come up as often since they made that category specific. I understand the assorted reasons people give for anon, and on rare occasion, they're actually legitimate (sex questions or questions that involve personal details of life that could be easily tracked to a real person). By and large, though, there is no real reason for it, and I tend to ignore them completely. If there is no indication of who gave the answer, there is no reputation to go with it, so no way to gauge it's veracity.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think sometimes people want to be helpful and share an experiance but they don't want everyone to know it was them. Sometimes things are to personal.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I don't ask many questions with my screen name. The reason is because if you google your screen name on here you will pull up all of the questions you've asked. I know that my family, friends, etc are on the internet, and if I ask a question about family problems etc they have a chance to see it, and I just don't feel comfortable with that. It has nothing to do with being mysterious, it may for some, but not me. However I don't answer questions anon, I stand behind my opinion.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Unless it is a personal question (sex or the like) I see no reason why they would answer anonymously, unless they are ashamed of their answer. Or they enjoy acting like a troll.

I don't buy the "I don't want stalkers/hate mail" excuse. I've been on CM for about 3 years, have a lot of people who don't like me, don't sugar coat things, and can be a little snarky, and I've only received ONE "hate mail". I found it funny, but even if I hadn't, it wouldn't have been difficult for me to simply block the person and move on.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Oh, and it would have to be a killer answer for me to pick them best answer.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2011