Has any ever attempted to learn to speak Spanish online?

For free preferably. And what website did you use? Or have you used a website for your kids too?

SMITxsM2

Asked by SMITxsM2 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I know a former friend of mine downloaded a program (illegally of course) that usually costs a fair bit to purchase so his girlfriend could learn Spanish - the former friend is Spanish and wanted his non-Spanish girlfriend to feel included. Anyway... I wish I could remember what the program was called... apparently it's VERY good.
    Good luck!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Never attempted online. My husband said he learned spanish through Rosetta Stone. Far from cheap but like most things in life, you get what you pay for.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 11:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I personally would use Rosetta Stone versus anything online, but I'm sure you can find something legit online if you look hard enough for it :)
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 11:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Visual link is fairly inexpensive compared to others and works well. It has sample lessons you can try before you buy.

http://www.learnspanishtoday.com/cmd.php?af=1182712

Livemocha.com is free (they have an extended program you can pay for as well) and is pretty decent for what you get.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Well anyone who was successful at learning from an online Spanish class or program at home. One you would recommend.
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I was thinking, they may have some free programs at your local library you can check out. Maybe the ones with proven success too.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 12:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yea that is a good idea. Thanks!
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• This months Rachael Ray Mag has a link to a free website bbc.co.uk/languages not sure what all the languages on there are but it's suppose to be free.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• no i haven't but i have gotten cd's they seem to help but being in class has worked best for me
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 12:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2011