Do you let yout kids go barefoot?

I'm not by any means a shoe nazi....if you don't need a winter coat, you don't need shoes. Now that the snow is melting, I'm hearing more and more "Do i need shoes??" I get a lot of flack for allowing my kids to be unshod,and was cuious how you all approach shoes??

Amomand4kids

Asked by Amomand4kids at 12:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• i don't let the kids out of the house without shoes just because we live in snake country (aka: Texas out in the country) and I never know what will find it's way to their feet
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• barefoot in the house only.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• in the house whenever they want to. Outside in general not so much unless they are at the lakes.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I don't let the baby (16mo) on the cold ground w/o shoes but if they're old enough to know and say their feet are cold, heck yeah let 'em run. =)
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 12:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Only in the house. I tried letting him run in the yard barefoot, but he ended up steeping on a stick and getting hurt.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I don't let her go outside barefoot but mostly because DH would have a hissy fit...I'm outside barefoot all the time, I don't see what the big deal is...plus it's been like 70 degrees here lately, the pavement feels good under bare feet lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'm in the south.. Next to no snow for us.. They hate to wear shoes, so they play outside all the time without them. I am the same way for the most part. In the yard I don't wear shoes and it is flip flops to run around in..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I allow my kids to go barefoot in the backyard. I hated wearing shoes outside as a kid. Running around, playing all day your feet get sweaty and I can remember that icky feeling.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 12:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• As long as its nice out..i don't care if they take thier shoes off. But I have a weirdo daughter..last summer she would NOT step on grass without shoes..her little foot touched the grass and it shot up so fast and she stood there like a pink flamingo crying, LOL.
    As long as its not real rocky..and no danger of gettign thier feet cut, no shoes doesnt bother me one bit.I keep them off myself 8-D
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Only in the house. If they are walking from the house to the pool they wear flip flops around the house. If they're playing in the yard they have to wear shoes, we live in the country so I don't want stickers, or a snake to get stepped on and then they get hurt.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011