WHY....?

Do we always make excuses for a man's behavior? Like as if we are in the wrong for wanting or saying things? ex. men aren't good cleaners (so we do it for them), men can't remember doctor's appointments (so we keep them), men are not emotional like women (so we accept that he is not romantic). And the list goes on. Are we suppodsed to accept that they are men and not expect change? This is more of a vent. Please vent with me if you can feel what I'm saying.

KoolMom617

Asked by KoolMom617 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I know exactly what you mean. The worst part for me is that I tell myself "He's a big boy. He can do it himself." Then I spend the rest of the day worrying that it won't get done so I end up doing it myself.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I agree with you!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I hear ya girl...but the same can be said about women... Indecisive, emotional, irrational, controlling, always needs shoes, etc. Shall we go on girls?... Let's just face it... Men AND women need to own what is theirs and be accountable... "Can't we all just get along?"
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Okay, so I had a huge response that my computer wiped out. :( Hate that.

I know it is frustrating, but men and women truly are different. And wives and husbands have different strangths and weaknesses. We tend to balance each other out to make for a pretty strong couple . . . but, in order to do that, we need to value and retain some of the differences.

I bet the guys are just as frustrated with us, but, because they are men, they usually don't like to talk about it . . LOL!

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• You teach people how to treat you. If you continue to do all of those things, they will just assume you want to, and not make the effort to do it. That's how I look at it. My Hubby helps out without asking. If I'm busy with other things, he just pitches in. It's not because he's perfect, it's because we communicate about things before they come up. We agreed to be a partnership before we got married, and have a mutual respect for each other. As for being romantic, it's a two way street. If you show it, he will reciprocate. At least that's my experience.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Men and women are definitely different.. I'm more concerned about the communication is my relationship with my husband and I am very grateful for him and he shows me lots of affection and appreciation.
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 12:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I agree.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• To a certain extent, I agree. Everyone--not just men--should always be striving to improve on their weaknesses and working on being a good partner. However, men and women are wired differently. There's nothing wrong with understanding that certain things are just kind of "guy" things, just as there are traits more common in women. It doesn't mean there aren't exceptions to the rule of course, and it doesn't give everyone a free pass to act as they please, but a little understanding about some of the basic differences in gender can be a good thing.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011