Re: What would you do?

O.k. so here't the deal.... and I am probably worrying about it too much.

But this Saturday my son will be having his birthday party. He will be 7. I said he could invite 5 friends to his party. He picked three from his class and two from outside of school. The three from his class have not rsvpd to me and I put today as the deadline. I just feel bad for my son really. He is having a bowling party and well I couldn't afford to invite his whole class so I allowed him to choose.

Anyway should I ask his teachers to ask the parents if their child is coming or should I just leave it? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would probably just plan that they would come and if not then they don't. Most teachers, while they have the numbers of students, they cannot give them out per school policy. While it is rude and also a little heartbreaking for your son if they do not show, many people do not RSVP when requested to do so. I have started putting on my invites RSVP regrets only. This has worked out well and I tend to get a better response from those that are not comming for what ever reason. So have a good time, celebrate his birthday, and plan for the extras. Sucks but not much else you can do.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:01 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• call and ask the parents. A LOT of parents just don't RSVP, and still plan on comming.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 9:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yea, I would call and ask myself.
    Anonymous

• I would call the parents and ask.
    Anonymous

• It's not really the teacher's job to keep up with the kid's schedule outside of school. I would just call the parents and ask them if you have the number.

I can't stand it that people no longer RSVP for things. How are you supposed to plan for food or favors if you have no idea whos showing up?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• The teacher usually keeps a list of contact info, so call the teacher if you don't have their #s, but do definitely call them.
    Anonymous