Has anyone started a college prepaid plan for their child? i see gerber offers one....

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• nope I would like to start something though
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 12:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• We started a 529 I think it was when our son was 6 weeks old, I don't know why but I was hesitant to go through the Gerber one..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Start a 529 College plan and the sooner the better. It's the best savings plan for your kids these days. I'd be leary of Gerber, they're not in the investing market are they? You wouldn't go to Jiffy Lube for a pap smear would you?... Come on, let's put our thinking cap on!
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• We just have a savings account that we are supposed to put $100 for each kid in a month.. doesn't always work out
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Nope. We put our investment money with an INVESTMENT company- not a company that makes baby food.
    We started an ESA for our son. If you qualify (I think you have to make less than $200,000 a year) it is a good investment vehicle. We put the money into a mutual fund and so far it's doing really good.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011