My son(14) is so hard to shop for. Too old for toys. Has too many dvd's and cd's. Any ideas?

Interest include skateboarding, electric guitar, baking,cars(dad is a mechanic), animals. Favorite subject in school are language arts and science. Not into team sports. Enjoys tennis just for fun. Enjoys pottery-is quite good at it-over the years he has made alot of pottery projects for me at school. I am creative, I draw and paint and have seen him draw and paint- he seems to have a liitle bit of my art bug in him. He wants to be a lawyer or a cop when he graduates and gets into the work world. nan16

nan16

Asked by nan16 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Wow the las t idea was really good...my little sister (17) is like your son, really really artsy and into guitar and whatnot, so my mom got her a really expensive art kit, and a comic book kit. So yea that would be really good...rockband game or gutair hero and stuff would be good too! But yea also concert tickets to his favorite band...that would make his year!! lol
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 10:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• can you get him concert tickets to one of his fav bands that are coming to your area?
    Anonymous

• Where I live there is a place where you can make clay items..plates a vase...etc. They have a kiln (sp)? there and they fire it and you pick it up a few days later. Do you have any place like that where you live? I've gone with a group of friends before and I made a serving dish. It was so much fun.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Take him to an art museum when there is some show or something special going on. Let him pick out a gift there, poster for his room?? Concerts are always fun too!!
    Anonymous

• Rock band is what I got my fifteen year old son for playstation 3 and he and his sister already got it playing EVERYDAY! You also can't go wrong with anything Fox Racing, Pac Sun has an awesome sale going on right now. Buy him all the things he would need to design his own comic book, he can use his talent in a fun way that could make him famous! Like a skater comic character.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 9:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Movie tickets?
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2008