How old were you when you discovered Santa and Easter Bunny are Mom and Dad?

How did you find out?

I must have been around 8- I know I was in 2nd and my bf told me. I was pretty mad at my mom cause I felt silly for believing!

wendydays

Asked by wendydays at 12:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• i was somewhere around 6 or 7. i was always too excited to sleep Christmas Eve and woke up very early, discovering my mom putting presents under the tree and my dad with the cookies left out for Santa in his hand. LOL. the magic of Santa was fun while it lasted, and im having fun letting my children believe the magic now :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think I was in 4th grade. So prob 9 or 10
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 12:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I was about 5 when my mom told me.. My dad was so mad at her for that.. I don't remember anything before age 12 so I can't comment on how I felt about it.. My dad and step mom kept doing the santa thing and I loved it. I also kept the secrete away from my little sister until she figured it out...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• 8th grade. I was devastated.Ill never lie to my kids.
    Honey_Badger

Answer by Honey_Badger at 12:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think I was about 6 and I told my little brother who was 5 years old. He was ticked off at being fooled about them. LOL. You just have to chuckle at parents who keep the myths going!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Oh, and I figured it out by myself. I mean....with the numbers of people in the world, how could Santa or the Easter Bunny get to all those homes in one night? HAHA! It made sense that they were stories and so I told my brother. He was mad. We didn't like being fooled. :-)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My rude older sister told me when I was 3 just to see me cry.. worst week ever as a kid.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• 4. because we wrapped our own.
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 1:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My mom told at 4 that Santa, the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy were all fake. I remember asking(while crying) Barney too? It was horrible! I never told any of my siblings though.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I was 6 when my 9 year old cousin told me that Santa was killed in snow storm. I later overheard my mom complaining to his mom (her sister) on the phone, and got the 'real story' by accident.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011