This is getting tougher and tougher...just venting

I have been bitching for weeks about how miserable I am at work and how much I miss my kids. I have started a new home business, but the plan is still to remain at work outside of the home for at lease a year in order to pay off some debt and be able to stay home with the kiddos.

I find myself just staring at their pictures on my desk all day in between being "beckoned" by my bosses. I HATE THIS!!! I don't want to be here. I need to start playing the lottery again! LOL I need ideas on how to speed up this work at home process. I am thinking about doing a few businesses from home actually. I just have to get out of here and fast!!!

Jeannie721

Asked by Jeannie721 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• Good luck!! I'm opening up a home business too so I can continue staying at home with my kiddies while making some $$ =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• well good luck at least you are on your way!!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 12:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I completely feel your pain! Hope things work out quickly for you so you can quit working away from home.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Good luck mama! I hope your business takes off fast, so you can get to where you want to be quicker!

You are awesome for forging ahead with your new plan!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Although I could just say "look for another job", that isn't very realistic in this economy. Good luck with building your home business. Maybe another opportunity will come your way. Just keep looking at your kids and plant a big smile on your face when that boss beckons...
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• If you can afford it, then leave! If not, stay until you can. I started my own business from home and now my company is not only my life but my love. If you love what you do, it's not work. And whats even better, I make my own hours, I do things with my kid when I want and work my clients and appointments around my life. My housekeeper allows me even more time to do what I need to do. Basically, I do what is important and what matters. I don't work hard, just work smart and you can have a fruitful life. Best of luck and never give up! You'll never fail if you don't stop trying. I turned my business around after 2yrs and it's been over 10 years now since my son was born. Yes, he's spoiled with my time but a very respectful and mindful for his age. My work ethis has made a great example for him and how well he does in prep school. I'm very proud of what I've done and more proud to see the results of my love for what I do.
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Good luck!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 3:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2011