Can a marriage with a bi-person work?

Are there any experiences you guys have, and mind sharing? what obstacles do you have? how did you over come them?

ms.grumppy

Asked by ms.grumppy at 12:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I am the bi one. I let my man know in the beginning of our relationship that I love women also and intend on having a girlfriend and even a wife someday. He can join of course. We developed rules and expectations. I thought this would work until he realized how serious I was. He was very jealous and thought I would leave him for a girl. NOT! He is my man and one day I'll find my woman. He had to learn to trust that I would stick to our rules of how things work. Now after 3 girlfriends we've had he is ok with sharing me. I don't know if I would be with him if he were bi. Just my choice. Good luck with yours.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Of course a relationship with a bi person can work. We are human, LOL !! I was completely open with my SO from the beginning. I told him exactly how I felt about it. I need to have that interaction with a woman not just sexually, but mentally & emotionally as well. He knows I will eventually have a girlfriend again. He accepted it from the beginning. We compromised and came to an agreement about certain things that will make sure we are both happy & feel safe with the situation. Just be completely open about how you feel, your wants & needs. They need to do the same thing. That way you guys can compromise & make sure both parties are happy with the situation :) Good Luck, Hun.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• A real bisexual won't leave their man for a woman bc both sexes have completely differet things to offer. A woman has competely different things to offer me than my SO that's male. It's a big trust thing. You guys have to have a lot of trust & faith in each other & your relationship. This isn't a 3some thing for me or my SO. My SO really isn't involved sexually when it comes to women. I'm very picky about who I sleep with even when it comes to women. He's involved as getting to know them as a friend & a person in general. If you want to talk about this in private, feel free to message me. I'm here. take care, hun.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Both my spouse and I are bisexual. We are faithful to each other though. Just because we are bi does not mean we sleep with anyone we can.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2011