Do you think he's too old to go in a running stroller?

I have recently and slowly starting running, I think I could really like it but I guilt and battle myself over losing time with my son since I work outside the home already so I was thinking of maybe getting one of those running strollers so I could do both,.. but he's 3-1/2 - he's small at only 30lbs but do you think it would be pointless to do that at this age - like is he just too old to do that? he isn't great at the bike yet but its something we are working on but I could crawl faster than he uses his bike/tricycle so that wouldn't be enough excersize for what my overweight body wants lol!~ I have to look up the weight or age limit but wondering what you mom's thought.

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Check out Craigslist for joggers, since you won't get years of use out of it. I don't think he's too old for that. As long as that's not the ONLY form of transportation for him, and he's basically just in there while you run, I think it's great! Plus, you're teaching him that Mommy runs, and that's NORMAL. DS is 2 1/2, and he asks to go with me on my runs! I LOVE that he asks to run!! Too young, of course, but I can't wait for him to be old enough to join me!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• All-Terrain and Jogging strollers - some of them have weight limits up to 100-150 pounds.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• We have kids as old as 5/6 yrs old being pushed by mama's in jogging strollers.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think he would love it. He's going fast and riding in something. My DS loves when Daddy takes off running with his stroller. he's 23 months so he younger but I think a 3 yr old would love it too.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• No, I don't think he's too old particularly because he's small. I wouldn't buy a really expensive one because he probably won't be in it for very long, but you could probably pick up a used one on craigslist for cheap. My oldest would have stayed in a stroller as long as I let him, my 3rd I could never get to go in the stroller at all!

Answer by missanc at 1:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i run with my 2 yr old in a regular stroller. i start off walking while he eats his chips or goldfish, soon he falls asleep,. then naps while i jog
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• that's far too old to be in a stroller. Maybe he would pick up on a scooter more quickly. Or, you can even add his weight to help you burn more by putting him in a wagon and tying a rope from the handle to your belt or waist. He should find it fun to run with mommy and it will help you burn even more calories. Just be careful the wagon doesn't tip over on corners. :)
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 1:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2011