When going to the zoo should i take a stroller or a wagon?

we have one little boy who is 2.5 he likes to walk a lot and i always think older kids look silly in strollers but im not sure what age it normally starts to look silly... he has not been in a wagon but we are thinking about getting one for walks and stuff... when we go to the zoo should we take a wagon or a stroller?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would bring a wagon....that way when he's not in it you can just put all the stuff you've brought and are going to buy in the zoo in it.....sounds like alot of fun...think I might invest in a wagon too lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would do a wagon... that way he can get up and take a closer look at the animals... have fun, I was just talking about going to the Zoo!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I talk my DD who is 22 months old to the zoo in a wagon all of the time. She hates her stroller and won't sit "tied down" in it very long. She will sit in her wagon and actually asks to get back in after getting out! A wagon def. works for us!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I like to take the stroller for no other reason but to carry our stuff! DD is 3 and will sit in it towards the end of the day or if it gets crowded and she get, well, less than cooperative.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think a stroller is easier to push. With a wagon you have to keep changing hands to pull, and up and down hills can be harder. Also, unless you have a canopy for your wagon, the sun can be pretty bright at the zoo.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would still say at this age stroller,,, but when he is about 4 wagon,, as PP said about sun and such!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would take the wagon since easier to get in and out of. Plus more storage for everything you might buy or need to talk along.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• A WAGON!!!! We take a wagon and double stroller (4 kids - 5 years and younger). The wagon is great to put coats in, a snack, a cooler with your lunch, etc. And the kids can easily jump in whenever they want to!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'd take a stroller. Lots of zoos have some uphill walks, and it's easier to push than to pull.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have a wagon and a stroller and I say stroller. that way DS can take a nap in it comfortably and it's easier to monuver in crowds.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2011