What is the best thing that has worked for you to lose weight?

i have started to watch how much i eat and plan on throwing some excersize in there but not sure what to do. what do you ladies do?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Health

• I do not go on a crazy diet, well if cutting out sweets is crazy, then that's what I do and exercise...I run a good deal.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I started the low carbs Atkins diet. I am eating less than 20 carbs a day and in a week I lost 5 lbs. I know it's not a lot but it's a start. If you need a support system message me and we can do this together.
    aus14

Answer by aus14 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I count my calories and keep my diet low fat and low salt. I run and do p90x sometimes.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• portion control and i quit baking delicious desserts. If it isn't in the kitchen then I can't eat it!!!!
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 1:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• step aerobics and portion control
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• cut back on portions and exercise. I also prepare meals ahead of time. Like on Sundays I prepare the meals for the week that way I am not tempted to be "lazy" and eat junk food. It also helps for me to prepare healthy snacks rather than grab junk food. And exercise even if it is just walking every day. I will park further from the store and take the steps not the elevator. All little things but they can add up. It isn't going to make you lose alot real fast but in the long run you will lose weight and be able to keep it off.
    Anonymous

• I have given up soda, and I now weigh/measure my food to have the correct portion/serving size, and I am counting my carbs. I plan on exercising more too.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• You probably don't want to hear this but the answer for me was the weight room! It can be VERY intimidating in there. But find a trainer in the gym and have him show you what to do. Pretty soon you'll feel very comfortable in there. The good thing about weights is that you build muscle. Building muscle causes your body to burn more calories ALL the time where aerobics only causes you to burn more calories for a few hours. And don't worry about looking manly. I am a girly-girl always have been...always will be. And I didn't bulk up. But I toned nicely and I love the way my legs and arms look.

Seriously...join a gym and give it a try. For six weeks at least!
    heat631

Answer by heat631 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I quit drinking pop & coffee, stopped eating as much fatty food (it started to make me nauseous), and started working (I was a sahm for over 6 years, just started working in January - haven't lost any weight but have lost a lot of fat inches!).
    Anonymous

• Quit drinking diet pop.. I think it bloats me. Drinking lots of water and using my eliptical everyday. and not eating after 6pm
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 1:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2011