is there a brestfeeding diet that I could follow? My son cluster feed in the evenings and he doesn't seem satisfied? Would like to follow a diet that increases milk supply or at least is better for him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You have behave almost as if you are still pregnant to increase milk supply. You have to eat just as much or almost as much, try eating a small snack every 2 hours. Continue prenatal and drink lots of water. Don't do a whole lot of excercising (definitely not good). Don't cluster feed. Feed often and evenly. Allow your son to feed every 2 hours so your body will know not to stop producing. If you cluster feed your body will think your baby is feeding less often and decrease production.
    vr3star

Answer by vr3star at 2:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Take prenatal vitamins. That's what I do.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Pump really frequently during the day between feedings so your body gets in the habit of making more milk. When I started losing my milk, a friend suggested that I drink one beer to boost my milk supply (something about the yeast). In a last ditch effort I did and I woke up the next morning with milk like you wouldn't believe. Obviously not something you should make a habit of, but it let me keep my milk for a month longer.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My daughter did this when she was about 2 months old. It is frustrating because you feel tied down in the evening time...I know I did anyway.

I found a link for you to check out if you'd like
    http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/fussy-evening.html

If you feel you need to increase your supply, there are things you can take. I'm not sure off the top of my head but if you search kellymom.com and find out what they are. Eat healthy, drink lots of liquid and nurse often. Breastfeeding is all about supply and demand so the more you nurse the more you'll produce.
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 4:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• the only sure way to increase the supply is to nurse more... as always drink a lot of water
    MidniteMochaMom

Answer by MidniteMochaMom at 12:56 AM on Jul. 12, 2008