How do i make good friends?

i hate moving to a new town and dont know anyone :(

ethans_mom2010

Asked by ethans_mom2010 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I've lived in my city for years & still don't have any good friends. Good friends are hard to come by. I'm sorry. I'm here if you want to be a penpal :)
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think that's the fun of it.

I'm a people person, so...I love talking to everyone.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I moved to a tiny town 9 yrs ago and would make friends with my kids mom's. Here's the thing though they were happy to be friends until they had enough info to spread gossip and then they dumped me. Turns out starting friends as an adult is no different then friends in high school. I even volunteered in the community and went to church and women old enough to be my mom were sharing in the gossip of any simple information I shared. I have found it very hard to make loyal friends and have found it best to be friendly but to keep to myself.
    Anyway, volunteering, neighbors, church, making friends with the moms of your kids' friends those are all my ideas however i hope you have better luck, and I really do hope not all towns are not this bad to newcomers
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I go by the old saying, if they was your friends for over 10yrs then you don't need any new ones, but being your in a new town, like i'm planning to be it's gonna to be difficult, but if you do start to hang out with new ppl, keep visits short and don't let someone get to close, it's not like it used to be back in the day, can't trust ppl these days
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• It is very hard to make good friends, I have lived in the same town for 26 years and only have 2 really good friends. Besides my hubby who is the best friend I have ever had.x
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011