About the plan b pill?! adult content

i have used the plan b pill a few times before & it did its job fine.. recently though i have had a new love in my life & we were alittle careless the last 24 hours.. weve had unprotected sex more than once & i just got a new script for plan b.. but im curious as to if it will still be as effective if you have had sex unprotected more than once?! anyone who knows at all from experience or even hear say?! please dont leave judgemental comments.. i know the stupididty of my actions & have condoms to now take precaution & called in birth control .. it was one of those in the moment things.. thanks to all <3

mummylove17427

Asked by mummylove17427 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It will work the same as if you had sex once... good job for getting on BC!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• As long as the interaction between the two of your took place within the past 72 hours and no longer it doesnt matter how many times it happened...the pill should still be effective.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• It should work just fine. The sooner you take it, the better. Good luck.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• So, my husband and I had a condom failure. It was Saturday night. I could not get the Plan B until Monday when the pharmacy opened. Monday morning, I went and got Plan B and took it. Two weeks later . . .positive pregnancy test.

It all depends. If the two of you are very fertile, Plan B may not help all that much. The failure rate is pretty high . . . especially compared to the failure rate of preg with no BC.

Prepare to test in two weeks. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• thanks so much you guys i hope im good .. if not i guess it was ment to happen .. since i took it 30 hours later..
    mummylove17427

Comment by mummylove17427 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• If it makes you feel better, there are a lot of studies that say you can take it up to 5 days now. I still go by the 72 hour rule, but I'm in Wa state and the Planned Parenthood ads here are starting to say 5 days so I hope everything works out for you.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• The number of times does not matter but yes there is a failure rate to it and the rate of failure is higher the longer you wait to take it. Best of luck and good for you for taking precautions for future fun.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I am sure you will be ok but I am glad that you got on BC and have condoms because stuff happens sometimes I am sure every mother has had a moment. I have never taken it but if I needed to I would.
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 2:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2011