how can i get my child to stop hitting.!!?!?!?!?!

she's veryyyy mean.she knows what she does is wrong.i cant take it anymore.she's only like this to me && my mother.what am i supposed to do.!

luvmygirls99

Asked by luvmygirls99 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ever thought of looking up some nanny 911 suggestions? I don't have an answer because I have a 4 year old niece that does this and she's almost does it worse when you try to discipline her, btu they aren't consistant or tough on her about it either -good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I grab my toddler's hands and tell him , "We don't hit mommy" If he keeps it up I walk away and ignore him. It stopped his hitting but it took a couple weeks. He doesn't hit anymore.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I use time out. CONSTANTLY emphasizing that "in our family we love each other, so we don't hit. That isn't how things work". K, it sounds corny, but it is the truth. He still hits sometimes, but I use the same consequence, so I feel it is working.
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 1:06 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• make sure you have a consisent way you discipline her. my daughter is 19 months and is a bully. i always put her in time out every single time she hits me or anyone else. the other thing i do is if someone else sees it i try to get them to say something along the lines of " you just hurt mommy thats not nice". my daughter may not be able to understand whats fully being said but she recognizes that her actions upset people. i also always emphasize why she is going to timeout and i do it again when i get her from timeout. trying to put a word with the action always helps.
    KennedyRenaeMom

Answer by KennedyRenaeMom at 1:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2008