Easter basket question.

How much do you put in them? What do you put in them (candy and otherwise)? And...about how much do you spend altogether?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We usually put in a small toy or two and a little candy. They get tons of candy from our church Easter egg hunt and they really don't need any more. Altogether it has varied from year to year, but this year it's around $20/basket.

Answer by missanc at 1:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• we just put a small toy and maybe a little candy... so not very much ...he is so young right now that he doesnt really understand
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 1:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I am putting in mine candy, bubbles, puzzles, a workbook, summer pjs, special hand soap for bath shop, shower gel, easter necklaces. I usually put in a basket whatever they are into at the moment. I never do much and go not do a whole bunch of candy. From year to year the price varies demending what they are into at that time or maybe something they wanted they did not get at christmas time. I even try a $5.00 gift card for mcdonalds, walmart, target. or even a bookstore so they have some money to use doing the summer for a day out. Even dq cards is a good one.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My kids are 4, 5, 7, 9, and they're all getting the same thing - 1 white chocolate bunny, a bunch of Squinkies, a cute little Easter plate, and sadly I can't remember what else. I may pick up a couple more non-candy things on Saturday.
    Anonymous

• we reuse the basket $0
    2 pack bubbles (one per kid) $1.50
    2 pack whistles (one per kid)$2.50
    Book for DS $5.99
    Book for DD $4.99
    2 very small bunnies $.75 each
    M&M's in containers Clearance from Christmas $1 each
    Home made 'ticket' for a carousel ride at the zoo $2.50 each (when we go that day)

Grand total of about $11.50 each basket
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Candy, coloring books, crayons, toothbrush, books, just whatever looks cute at Dollar Tree. $10 - $15
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 1:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I tend to buy things here and there so I have no idea what I spent in total. Probably more than I had wanted to. My daughter has food allergies so we are limited on the types of candy we can put in her basket. We're also usually only able to use the brand name (aka more expensive) candy varieties as the others are not safe for her thanks to cross contamination warnings. The kids baskets usually have a combination of candy, small toys and books. They are not big baskets.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My kids don't get candy in their Easter Baskets...We normally get them each an outfit and then odd and end things...Books, crayons, paper, bubbles...We normally spend about $30 on each...The outfits are normally about $20 each so that leaves us $10 per kid (we have 2) to buy other little things...
    MelissaBK

Answer by MelissaBK at 3:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I usually shop the dollar store and the dollar section at Target to pick up a bunch of little things (they like pencils, pens, coloring books and pads of paper). THis year I'm not doing any of that. I got them each a stuffed animal and a bunch of candy that will go in th eplastic eggs (if I can find them). And they each got a chocolate bunny head on a stick. The baby (it's his first Easter) is getting some new spoons for self feeding and some toddler kind of snacks from Gerber. He's 9 months but eating like a pro but not ready for candy yet.
    I'm not big on Easter. It has no religious significance for me. We only celebrate because the kids like decorating eggs and then finding them in the morning. If it weren't for them I'd just skip it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i put candy and toys or well this yr my oldest asked for a cd and it depends how much money i have
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2011