Would you say something to your husband?

i know he wants me to get back in shape... i dont have that far to go but its hard to get motivated... im about 120 lbs and would like to lose about 10 lbs... he said (not trying to be mean, i aksed him to be honest) that he would like if my body was more in shape like firm and stuff... when we got together i was about 110 and he was about 160 now im 120 and he is about 190.... i dont know if i should say that it would be nice if he got back in shape or not.... i dont want to sound mean... but i dont want to be the only one working on my body and have him be all out of shape....kind of like why do i have to look good if you are not trying kind of thing... what would you do?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i would definatley say something. you dont have to be mean, just be like yano i wouldnt mind if you got back in shape too so why dont we work out and eat healthy together.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'd say, why don't we work out and get in shape together....I don't think it's mean, it's a health issue, and if he can say it to you...and you didn't consider it mean, you should be able to do the same!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• my DH has make comments like "lets workout together" Or do you want to do this with me so it could be good together time? you are talking 10lbs while he's nicely saying it with my extra 40 - I think its fine.. I don't take offense I know I let myself get this way, he has the right to want me back to my married weight because I know he loves me either way
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think 120 is a perfect weight, depending on your body 110 might be a bit too low. If my husband said that to me I would definitely say something to him about his weight, if he wants me to lose weight then he needs to lose weight too in my book. Plus, most of us gained weight because of babies, men gain weight because of food so I would be sort of angry if my husband suggested that I lose weight.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'd be up front, no holds barred. For HIM it's an issue of HEALTH, forget about looks. He's 30 pounds overweight... that is the start of a road that leads to heart disease, etc. Tell him you are BOTH working out starting NOW because you want to celebrate your 50th anniversary with him. And your 60th and 70th.

Don't bother addressing looks at all.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'd make a comment to him on how great it would be if we could both get in shape and loose weight together.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would just talk to him about it honestly. Working out whether it is to lose weight or not is just plain healthy. You will both feel better and have more energy and doing it together is a good way to feel closer.
    Anonymous

• I would ask him to work out with you! Tell him it would help you to stay motivated and would be good for both of you! You could get fit together. I don't think it is bad to say something, I just wouldn't come out and say honey your getting fat!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 6:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2011