Company take more out of your account?

I approved a certain amount to be taken out for my cable/internet bill. Made sure I had the amount plus some extra in there. I check the account afterwards and the company took more out that approved.

Called the company and they were like oh well we can give u a small ass credit to our account with you. It overdrew my account. Has anyone had a place take out more than they should have???

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 1:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• What do you mean by approved a certain amount?
    No, they never took more than I sent them. A good way to avoid these situations is to push the payment instead of having them pull it. Mail a check or use your banks online bill pay.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• dispute it as fraud with your bank, and the company will have to refund it, they prob won't give you the NSF fee but the bank prob will. Gl
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Example I told them to take out $5 they took out $10. They never told me that there was a processing fee. I was like the agent did not tell me that when I was writing the check cause if the did I would have wrote the check for $10 not $5. They gave me a copany credit. I had the bank reissue me my money but now I am left feeling like damn. I want the service but not trying to get taken advantage of by being charge more than approved (by me). It pisses me off cause I went through a lot to even get that money and it is being "disrespected" in a way.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2011