What did you most frequently get grounded from as a kid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• When I was smaller it was not doing my chores, later it was skipping school.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Talking in class when I was young...not going to class when I was older lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• She said "From" not for...I always got grounded from using the phone.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 1:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I never got grounded as I was too scared to be bad. When I hit teen years I did what I wanted because I was so sick of the strict rules & rebelled.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• The dishwasher. No joke. I hated doing dishes (still do!) and they would ground me from the dishwasher so that I had to do all the dishes by hand. Sounds crazy, but it was effective.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• my sister lying lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I didn't get grounded, I got spanked. Usually for getting into something that I knew I was supposed to leave alone, or for talking back.

It tickled my mom to no end to see that my DD was EXACTLY the same way with me, that I was with her. But I didn't usually get angry about it...I guess I put myself in my DD's place, rather than seeing it as a personal attack against me.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have never been grounded!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• grounding didn't take place until I was in jr high thru high school and it was mostly from the phone. Which was a waste b/c my mom worked all the time so I would just use the phone until about 30 min before she got off work.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I only remember getting grounded like once or twice in my entire life. I think I was like 8 or 9 and I was grounded to my room (which only had my toys so no TV or anything...we didn't have much back then in 1984-85) for the rest of the day for annoying my brother.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011