What is the most freaked out you've ever been?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'm always horribly freaked out when I see snakes.. I just hate them.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• One halloween a Freddy Krueger came up out a "man hole".....my dh knew I hated the movies so he lets the guy know so he tried following me - I slid down the wall and into a fetal position.....truly in tears. (This was when the movie first came out)
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 1:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Hitch hiking when I was young & STUPID & being picked up by some weirdos

When my husband was working real early shifts & leaving like 3am-4am my head would start playing tricks on me where i thought someone was breaking in & its so dark out at that time
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My dd always rode the bus home and I would always be home from work when she got there. One day I was just minutes late and when I got home she wasn't there, I wondered if the bus had even been there, I waited a few minutes then called the sitter who watched her on certain days thinking maybe she was confused and went to the sitter house instead. She wasn't I called the school only to be told that they saw her get on the bus to go home. At this point it is 15-20 minutes after the time she should be home she was also one of the first stops. I ended up calling 911 to report her missing it was about an hour when I heard from the school that the bus had broken down and the kids were all at the school in the gym!!! That was the most freaked I have ever been, for one hour I thought my dd was missing. I will never forget that feeling. It was horrible
    Anonymous

• My oldest son was about three years old. We lived it an apartment. I got up one morning and he was no where to be seen and my front door was open. I froze for a minute. We finally found him trying to get in the gate to the pool. We then changed the locks where you had to have the key to unlock it. While his dad was changing it he asked where his key was. Lol
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• When I got laid off. Still freaking here. I get 2 more paychecks and then if I don't have another job we are screwed. DH is WAY underemployed and can't seem to snag anything else yet. Trust me he is looking! We only need 27,000 a year to make it work...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I don't know if it's the "most" freaked out, but I was freaked.

I was 11 or 12 and doing dishes (my chore) and I was almost finished when I had to go to the bathroom. When I came back into the kitchen, our cat was sitting on the counter next to the dirty dishes. I assumed he had been trying to get some leftover food, so I just shooed him away and finished washing. When I was done, I fished around in the bottom of the sink for food so that I could throw it away. It was disgusting feeling, but we'd had eggs, so I expected it. When I brought up my hand full of "food", it was a dead mouse. I screamed, threw it, and started crying. I HATE mice. I guess the cat dropped it in there and it drowned. To make it worse, I had to re-do all the dishes (my least favorite chore, by far) because they'd been washed in dead-mouse water. :( To this day, I can't bring myself to get food out of the drain with my hand.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I was 13, home alone watching "Scream" and at the part where he turned the lights off in the scene with Sarah Michelle Geller (sp?) My power just happened to go out. ( I lived in a tiny mountain town then) I ran out the house so fast... I ran to my friends house about 5 blocks away but I think I made it there in about 10 secs lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• When the neighbors dog was jumping at the fence growling and braking at my daughter who was 3.. the fence was tiny!! scared me half to death because the neighbor was babysitting!! I ran over and grabbed DD and took her home, i was so scared that dog was gonna come over or through the thing after her!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• When my stepson lived with us he always thought it was funny to scare me, I came home one night and no lights were on, so I was walking thru the house turning on lights and he jumped out of the closet. (I thought my stepson was somewhere with his dad) I was so scared, but my fear reaction was to hit him as hard as I could, so he never did that again.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011