Vasectomy

My husband and I are planning on ttc baby #3 soon, and we both know this is the last one (three is all we can afford lol). So with the planning we started talking about permanent birth control for after the baby is born. He told me that he wants a vasectomy because it would be easier on him than it would be for me to get my tubes tide (I really think that he wants it because its the only way he can be 100% that we dont have anymore babies lol) so I was wondering if anyone else's hubby got a vasectomy and how you both like it? If there were any complications ect?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Health

• Its not 100% effective its the same as a woman getting her tubes tide I've known 2 people get pregnant after having a vasectomy done.
    Anonymous

• My dh just had one done last month after our 3rd baby :)

He did not want to do it...was scared. lol

I think he freaked himself out waiting for pain and b/c of that he DID pass out on the table and threw up when he awoke.
    The Dr made one incision and found the left tube without issue quickly. The right tube was harder to reach and the DR kept pushing around on his balls to find it. which made them turn purple and black for about a week afterwards.

So I would suggest to talk to Dr about if they should do one or two incisions...they can also do laser ones now I think too. check on that.

My dh had a slow recovery compared to others I have heard of. It took him at least 2 weeks to be completely normal.

Frozen peas in a bag really do help a lot too!!!!!

Glad it was done though...he is too.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Anon...you have to go back and give a semen sample and get the all clear.
    If the Dr tells you all the live sperm are not present then you are fine.
    A lot of men skip the checking part.
    Anonymous

• My hubby is planning on having it done. My sil's boyfriend had one done about 6 yrs ago and he still has trouble getting hard and its sometimes painful but there are complications with everything.
    Anonymous

• My dh is getting one when we decide we are done.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My husband wants to get one because he knows the recovery time is easier on him than it would be for me especially after the hard birth I had
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 2:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• my husband had it done 3 years ago after our 2nd, his 6th was born. He is happy with it b/c he was sure he didn't want anymore kids and didn't want any accidents. He has been checked several times and there is no live sperm so I think I am good.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My husband has one and we LOVE it!  We can be completely spontaneous now.  No need to stop and get a condom. 

It took about 9 months for him to get the all clear from the sperm count checks.  Make sure your husband goes to those and follows the directions properly.  The version he got has a 99.98% effective rate so it's as close to 100% as you can get.

Check out vasectomy.com for more info.

Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 2:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• my husband got it done and he can still get hard and do everything the same he was in pain for a week or so but went back in like 6 weeks after it was done to do a count and it was all clear... its nice for me to not have to be on birthcontrol or use condoms.... we can do it when ever where ever... im glad he got it done
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• nope, not yet at least
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2011