Has anyone had their tubes tied ? If so how did you feel after as far as recovery ?

christinahenry

Asked by christinahenry at 2:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Health

• I had mine done a year ago. They were supposed to do right after having the baby but didnt do it till the next day. As far as the healing process went. well i was healing from having a baby so I was hurting either way. Once regular period did come the cramps were horrible and the flow was just as horrible as the cramps. Before having this done i didnt have cramps like this nor a heavy flow. But as the months went on the cramps went away and the heavy flow.

jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I had mine done 5 years ago. As for how I felt about it...in what respect? Recovery time, I really can't attest to as mine was done at the same time as my colon resection surgery. But, as for emotionally, I was 45 at the time, had 4 kids & didn't (still don't) plan on having any more. So, I have no regrets.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Felt like physically or mentally? I had mine done right after my 2nd C-Section. They like to do it if you're already 'cut open'. So, I was numb, really didn't feel anything.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2011