Anyone have problems with vacuums?!

I swear every single vacuum I ever owned stopped working! I just bought one in October or November and after a month it stopped sucking things through all the way so everytime i vacummed I would have to clean out the tube thingy! ..Well now I just started to vacuum and it just stopped working! i plugged it into every outlet and nothing! urghh!!! i am so done cleaning!

3HappylKidds

Asked by 3HappylKidds at 2:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Yes every single darn vacume we have bought stops working or catches fire lol so my husband said he was tired of buying a new vacume every 6 months lol and he bought one and so far so good.
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 2:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I had that problem until I bought a Dyson and I am in love!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• which kind did you end up getting?
    3HappylKidds

Comment by 3HappylKidds (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I could have owned two Dyson's with all the money I've spent on crappy vacuums over the years - I know Dyson is expensive but they do really work and never clog. Next time I buy one I'm definitely buying a Dyson.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• YES!! there was a 2 year period I had gone through 3 different ones.. SO irritating! about 2-3 years ago we got a deal on a Dyson though and although yes, crazy expensive to me, we ( cross my fingers) haven't had any problems with it and the suction is awesome!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• same here, just yesterday i had unscrew the hose because there was so much crap stuck in there, now it works again. It doesn't help i buy the cheaper ones.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• That's why I bought a Dyson. and I still have problems. My Dyson was only 6 months old and it was completely clogged. I took it to get fixed. It's better now, but still doesn't suck like it should.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I had one.. well have.. that the hose would get clogged on and I would have to take apart everytime i used to because it would just stop picking things up! I grabbed a new one from a different brand and things are much better!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Dyson is what I got and it works great so far but I wanted to puke when I paid the cost
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 2:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I had problems until I got a hop vac
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2011