How are we going to survive if I don't find a job?

Dh is commission about 850 a month. Rent is 675. Elect. 130 gas for the car is 60. Visa bill 16. Title loan is 35. Already negative six and we haven't paid the water or for food yet or car ins! Yes the internet is going but we are under contract for another 3 months. It would cost more to back out. I get paid for 3 more weeks. My availability sucks. M-F 7am - 2:30 pm(My old job hours) because I have to get DS off the bus. He has special needs nad can't go to a regular daycare and special ones are twice as much. I have no near by family of friends. I looked into in home care but it is about the same as a center because I am not putting my special needs son in a non certified home. What to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• ROB A BANK ! I DUNNO
    Anonymous

• you know rob a bank never crossed my mind. Think I could get away with it with a screaming 7 year old with me?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think maybe looking into some programs to help low income people might be able to help you guys out
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 2:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• One day at a time like alot of one income households do. Try to get any kind of job to bring in money.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Can you watch kids? What about you work at a daycare center? convinience store, even fast food, I mean its a job right? GL
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Oh yeah to Rob a bank that is so moronic that is why you answered anno
    christinahenry

• Get rid of whatever ya can that ya don't need cable etc., stay positive & just ask for help even if your family is far away they can still help you hopefuly if it comes down to it. GL to you.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• How about DH finding another job too? $850/month commission is not worth his time!

Look into WIC and other programs like SNAP (food stamps). Your power bill seems a bit high ; look for ways to reduce that. Many utilities offer free evaluations and they may also have a low income program for you.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Well visa bill isn't essential to live so I would make arrangements now to let them know you cannot make minimum payment - see if they will agree to deferment, that doesn't help much. See if you can make arrangements with your landlord to pay may 500 rent for the next two months and then make it back up (just a suggestion) - I find usually people will work with you if you go to them ahead of time. Also sounds like even with your limited hours you've got to find something where you can make some money - leave no stone unturned - I am also a big fan of the drop by or resume drop in person. Small businesses hate to advertise and/or make changes sometimes because trying to find a replacement is such a pain - you never know when you could be some businesses angel that drops out of the sky and may be a replacement they've been putting off making. In this computer world I think the personal touch is not being used as much. GL
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I looked into food stamps and we would get freaking 668 a month! We don't spend that now! We spend half that amount. WE don't qualify for TANF and I have already put in 8 applications(day and Over night). I am running out of jobs I am qualified for... just about nothing. Entry level jobs. I live in a tiny apt so I am not sure keeping kids is the best plan. I though about pet sitting and such but I am not sure who would hire me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2011