Is it wrong of me to not want my son to be a part of his fathers family?

my ex was abusive & his family enabled his behavior. they saw it right in front of there own face & tried to lie & get me arrested instead & said it was my fault because i make him mad. his parents sell weed, and would sell and smoke weed with him even though they knew i didnt want that in our lives. they went for months at a time without ever calling or seeing me or my son or finding out how we are. his father abused me in front of him, never wanted to change his diaper or feed him, and was overall a pretty bad father unless he was in a great mood. i really dont want my son to be anything like them, i dont want him around any of them, & to be honest, i will tell him when he gets older how bad they were to me & him & hope that he doesnt want to be a part of there family because they dont deserve him. am i wrong for that?
btw my son is 2 right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Based on the information you gave, no it's not wrong of you to keep your son away.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Get a lawyer
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Under those circumstances your being a good mother by keeping your child away from that whole family.....
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• As wrong as it is, the boys' father has rights. He has a right to see his child. I would get some legal counsel/lawyer as soon as possible. Get something in writing as far as visitation and childsupport. Keep track and get whatever documentation you can to prove drug use. If he or his family have any police records get copies of those. Unless your ex is willing to sign a TPR you could have to deal with him for the next 16 years.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Your RIGHT!!!!
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• No. based on the information you gave, it is not wrong of you to not let them see your child.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2011