Best way to hard boil eggs?

I know everyone has a secret - share it here!

Ashlynnsmommy07

Asked by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I put mine in a sauce pan, fill with cold water, bring to a boil, let boil for 2 minutes, turn off fire, let sit in hot water for 3 more minutes, then peel under cold running water. Perfect yellow (no green) boiled eggs every time!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• No big secret,lol.Put in pot.Cover with water.Thros in some salt.Bring water to boil.Boil for 12 minutes.Put in sink and run cool water over them.Thats all I do.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I cover my eggs in water of course. I bring the eggs to a roaring boil then turn the heat down to medium. I allow the eggs to cook on medium for 5 mins and the remove them of the burner. I then let them sit for another 3 minutes. Run under cold water, peel, and enjoy :)
    TanyaShaneyfelt

Answer by TanyaShaneyfelt at 2:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I put eggs in cold water and let it boil for 20 minutes. Those times above r too short. The eggs would not be cooked. Those times above must be a mistake.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• NO matter what I've tried, when I go to peel the shell, half the egg comes with.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Put eggs in pot.
    Cover with COLD water
    Cover pot.
    Set timer for 20 minutes.
    Turn burner to Med-High heat.
    Start Timer.
    When it goes off, remove from heat and douse eggs in ice-water bath.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Cold water...Salt...once it starts boiling let boil for 8 minutes then run cold water over them and peel then eat.
    AmandaMichele

Answer by AmandaMichele at 2:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Eggs, water, fire- GO!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• @maxsmom11807-I hear ya on the peeling part. We all love our eggs fresh. However...the fresher the egg, the harder it is to peel when boiled. I never boil eggs fresh from the grocery store. I keep them at least a week (never past expiration), then boil them. They peel MUCH better. I used to have my own laying hens. I could NEVER boil & peel their eggs right away. I had to keep them a bit before even thinking about boiling them! LOL.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have the same problem maxsmom! Guess I'll use old eggs and do the ice water.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Comment by Ashlynnsmommy07 (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2011