Cervical Stitch... (Cervical Cerclage) Anyone?

Hello.
I am pregnant with my 1st baby and will be 34 weeks this friday.
At 23 weeks i was rushed to the hospital for surgery to help keep my baby in.
I had some wicked pain after the surgery but it went away. I was also given meds for contractions if i had more than 4 per for an hr consistent to take to also help.

The surgery i had done was called a Cervical Cerclage. It is where they place a stitch that looks like (#) on your cervix to keep from dilating too much, although not guaranteed to keep the baby in or stop labor... (which was good and bad to hear, cuz i REALLY dont feel like tearing my cervix! then have to deal with labor!)

Anyway, i have been feeling fine this entire time while on bed rest, but recently the past 2 days i have been worried. When i wake up or get up to pee it feels like there is a bit more pressure and it makes me feel as if im being "pinched" inside! Its not 100% painful but it does hurt a bit... Im just worried what to do? I dont see any bleeding or spotting, nor has my water broke or do i feel any type of sickness or other discomfort...

Is this warrant for a visit to my OB or just a call? I dont think a hospital visit, but then again i was told i never felt the small contractions i was having before hand... so, im honestly really lost...

Like i said, i just really dont want to be rushed into labor or have this be the beginning of tearing my cervix? Especially since daddy is away till sunday... No one wants to do this alone im sure!!!

Anyone else have a Cerclage? Experience a "pinching" or have any ideas/advise?

***ps*** I was told i would feel the pinching inside after, but never later on in the pregnancy? I was told i am to get the stiches out at 36weeks (s00n) but i wonder if the pinching now means that my cervix is stretching? No cervical length/ultrasound test until this tuesday...

xXShutterflyXx

Asked by xXShutterflyXx at 2:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If the sensation is new and different it warrants a call at least.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Betting it's baby getting into position and it's head is on your cervix.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• With my second I got the pinching every once in awhile I had two stitches with him. With my other baby after 34 weeks I was in non stop excrutating pain from the cerclage due to contracting with it in I was even dilated 1 cm with it in. I would let your dr know about it if it really bothers you.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 22, 2011