Im 25 weeks and feeling my baby kick in my lower stomach and i feel kicking on the top of my stomach....is that normal?

Mommy2be1963

Asked by Mommy2be1963 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yeah it's normal! It may not be all kicks, it can be punches too depending on what position the baby is in.
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 2:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes, mine does that all the time too.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes. You can sometimes feel light pressures from the baby as early as 20 weeks.
    Those are most likely small punches or kicks from the baby OR what is know as Braxton Hicks contractions.
    They are not labor contractions, so no worries there, they just make your tummy hard and sometimes more activity is followed with them or before/after them.

At 25 weeks i want to say that the higher hits are you babys punches and the lower are the kicks... but as you go on in your pregnancy it will reverse... as the babys head will be toward your bottom to start preparing for delivery & labor, so you'll feel more kicks on top ♥

Either way, i dont believe you have anything to worry about, just sit back and enjoy the entertainment. ♥
    xXShutterflyXx

Answer by xXShutterflyXx at 2:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Kicks, punches, knees, elbows, head. Yeah, it's normal.

I was 8-9 months pregnant with my son. I was propped up on some pillows on my in-law's couch. My husband had fallen asleep on my stomach. The next thing HE knew his head was 2 inches OFF my stomach. LOL My son didn't want to share and had "kicked" Daddy in the ear. Either that or Daddy's snoring was too loud.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Sure. One is the hands, one is the feet!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• thanx cause he got me really confused
    Mommy2be1963

Comment by Mommy2be1963 (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• ohh yeah, mines favorite time to do that is when I'm trying to sleep :)
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Just to add that at 25 weeks in a normal uterus, the baby probably still has plenty of room to flip around. So you could be feeling lower kicks one minute and upper kicks the next because he still has room to flip around in there. Baby may also be transverse (lying side to side) and when he's facing down, you feel low kicks and when he is facing up, you feel high kicks. My baby was transverse at 24 weeks. (Head down at 28 weeks.)
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 7:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2011