Changing grocery stores

Anyone else hate having to go to a different store. I tried a grocery store closer to my house, with gas prices so high. I felt like everything was so spread out. I ended up not getting half the stuff I needed. Anyone else ever have this problem?

arenad

Asked by arenad at 2:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Shopping

• i went from a tiny mom and pop store to a bigger one recently. there was just so much stuff I was in shock and bought everything i had been missing (oops)
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My favorite grocery store recently re-organized a lot of their aisles. It's been driving me nuts for the last few months, but I'm finally getting used to it.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 2:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I hate going to a different store because I don't like not knowing where things are...I've been going to the same store for about 2 years now lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• It takes me much longer to shop in a new store. One time I searched and searched for pepperoni. I studied the cold cut display and the deli area, finally I asked, and it was in a barrel display next to the salad bar!! ?

Answer by Bmat at 3:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I shop at the same 2 stores on a fairly consistent basis. When I do go to a different store, it's because I want to see what they have and what the prices are like so the experience is usually enjoyable.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I just moved to the boon docks & have all new stores now. The walmarts here are mega super centers (yet I live in the middle of nowhere!) & there is just too much stuff! Hannaford is set up all different which drives me insane. There is a very very very small hannaford in town but I mean it has the basics no choices on products but good enough to grab household staples (some at least!). The walmarts drive me nuts though they are simply too big with too many people I cant handle it!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I can't stand going to a store I'm not familiar with. It makes everything take a lot longer, and I ALWAYS end up forgetting stuff.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• We moved recently and I really don't like any of the stores near me. I don't like their meat selections and quality, I don't like their lack of service and selection of grocery items. The produce departments are minuscule compared to my old store, making it a challenge to get good quality produce (at any price at these stores). They are more expensive and my dollar doesn't go as far. I could swallow it all if the service was even somewhat acceptable, however after many store visits I am starting to think it's just how they roll. Several times I have been completely ignored by the checker. No 'how are you doing today?', 'Did you find everything okay?' or even a 'thank you' as I am leaving the check stand. I guess I'll just have to get over it or find somewhere else to do business.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• It seems like when you go to a different store nothing is where it should be. I get lost and if it was not for my list I would forget half what I went there for.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• It confuses the hell out of me. It takes me much longer and I end up coming home without many of the things on my list because I got so frustrated and tired trying to find them. I'm sure that's another sign of aging!!!!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:28 AM on Apr. 23, 2011