Little boys with long hair?

What do you think about it? Is there a certain age where it's okay? Do any of you have little boys with long hair?

When Aden was a baby I thought he'd be cute if his hair was longer... but then I cut it and he looked so handsome I changed my mind.
I have a friend with a little boy who's around two, and his hair is so long he tends to get called a girl. I think that would bother me quite a bit, if my son was constantly being referred to as my daughter.
I think some little boys look cute with longer hair, and some just really do look too feminine.
Thoughts?

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• Being a hairdresser, I always said, i would never have a boy with long hair! lol then I had a boy, and he got these cute little curls. BUT, after it got past his ears, I did get alot of "whats HER name?" type questions,..so a few days before he turned 2 I cut it. IT looks soooo much better!! I cut it about every 3 weeks or so now, he suits short hair. For others, whatever do as they please, just dont get all offended if someone assumes your he is a SHE....lol
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I hate when boys have long hair. Sorry, just my opinion. I once had a friend and she let her boys hair grow so long that she would braid it in piggy tails. Then she would be pissed when people would think he was a girl!
    Anonymous

• I don't think boys or men should have long hair. I don't like the look and feel it's too feminine for a male.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Personally, I can't stand it when boys have long hair. Men too. Until they are old enough to want long hair on their own, cut it!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Depends on the kid and the hair. My son wouldn't have looked good. M best friends son is Latino and has curly black hair that looks awesome longer. It looked funny cut!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I refuse to cut their hair until their first birthday but other that that their hair is kept short...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I like it a little on the long side. Not a crew cut, but not too long.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think that it should be left up to the kid, to an extent. My son, 4, loves his hair cut in a high and tight like Daddy. I wouldn't want my children to get ridiculed for the way their hair is, but at the same time, I want them to be happy with the way they are.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 2:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i always feel like an ass when i call a little boy a girl because their hair is long.. i assume wrong.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i think that is not a good look on little boys. keep it short and especially when they go to school, don't need lice attaching itself.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2011