Do elipticals work? or did it work for you?

i bought one a while back and now im ready to use it a lot... i am also watching portions and trying to eat better foods...if i use the eliptical also do you think it would help me get toned and lose inches?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 3:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• well i use one at the gym and by body looks pretty great. i also am on it for 2 miles on level 15, one mile forward and one backward. idk if it works for people who only have it on level one
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think if you use it, it will help. I bought one last year for like $900 and I hate it - its unsterdy and squeaks and only makes me mad when I try using it - the one I had when I belonged to the gym was awesome but I couldn't afford to pay 4k for a "REAL" one loL~!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• mine is unsteady and squeaks too, I rarely use it...it's been in my moms basement for 4 years lol.

If you can do it and stick with it yeah you'll burn calories and tone your legs and butt, but you'd have to do strength training for your arms and abs another way
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Hahahaaa...we had one for like 3 yrs and I got on it for all of about 2 min total so...no- it did not work for me!

*I HATE elepticals
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• *eliptical
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• If you use it, and you get your heart rate up, then yes, it's great!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have been doing 30 mins 4x a week for about 2 months now. Losing about 4-5lbs a week (with diet too). I have one I got from WalMart for like $117 and its fantastic!! At first it was kicking my butt, you get used to it and it'll be your best friend!!
    willngingersmom

Answer by willngingersmom at 6:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I love the elliptical and it seemed to have worked out for me. I was losing about 2 pounds a week, with 15 mins on the elliptical, 25 minutes weight training and 15 minutes on the arctrainer, and eating smaller portions.
    Dayciavu

Answer by Dayciavu at 5:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I use one when I go to the gym and I definitely think it helps tone.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:36 AM on Apr. 24, 2011