Do elipticals work? or did it work for you?

i bought one a while back and now im ready to use it a lot... i am also watching portions and trying to eat better foods...if i use the eliptical also do you think it would help me get toned and lose inches?

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 3:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• well i use one at the gym and by body looks pretty great. i also am on it for 2 miles on level 15, one mile forward and one backward. idk if it works for people who only have it on level one

Answer by momofone725 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think if you use it, it will help. I bought one last year for like $900 and I hate it - its unsterdy and squeaks and only makes me mad when I try using it - the one I had when I belonged to the gym was awesome but I couldn't afford to pay 4k for a "REAL" one loL~!

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• mine is unsteady and squeaks too, I rarely use's been in my moms basement for 4 years lol.

If you can do it and stick with it yeah you'll burn calories and tone your legs and butt, but you'd have to do strength training for your arms and abs another way

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Hahahaaa...we had one for like 3 yrs and I got on it for all of about 2 min total it did not work for me!

*I HATE elepticals

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• *eliptical

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• If you use it, and you get your heart rate up, then yes, it's great!

Answer by musicpisces at 3:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have been doing 30 mins 4x a week for about 2 months now. Losing about 4-5lbs a week (with diet too). I have one I got from WalMart for like $117 and its fantastic!! At first it was kicking my butt, you get used to it and it'll be your best friend!!

Answer by willngingersmom at 6:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I love the elliptical and it seemed to have worked out for me. I was losing about 2 pounds a week, with 15 mins on the elliptical, 25 minutes weight training and 15 minutes on the arctrainer, and eating smaller portions.

Answer by Dayciavu at 5:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I use one when I go to the gym and I definitely think it helps tone.

Answer by tspillane at 7:36 AM on Apr. 24, 2011