MY HUSBAND NAME IS JOHNNY THE FOURTH AND I REALLY DONT LIKE HIS NAME, IM PREGNANT WITH OUR SON AND HE WANTS MY CHILD TO BE THE FIFTH AND I DONT. WOULD I BE WRONG FOR NOT NAMING HIM AFTER HIS DAD?

sandydee1126

Asked by sandydee1126 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You know to each their own; some kids grown up and are honored to carry on a 'family' name. Some of you are a bit dramatic.

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I am exteremly traditional..so I would def. pass down the name weather I like it or not. Name him that and then have a nickname..its a compromise on both ur ends. Maybe call him JR. or the initals J and w/e his middle name is.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 3:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Personally I dont like the whole hand down a family name like that so I would say its perfectly fine in my opinion. Could you make Johnny be the middle name for the baby?
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• my sister had the same issue... they agreed to make it the middle name instead of the first name...good luck
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 3:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My son is going to be a Jr. but I don't mind him having my husbands name....if he was named something I didnt like then No...I wouldnt give my son the name no matter what lol....and DH knows that....name the baby what you want to name him...YOUR the one who has to carry him for 9 months

Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Be glad you are not married to Johnny the Turd Third. :)

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• tell him you will use it as a middle name.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I personally like the family name being handed down, generation to generation. It MEANS something. If you don't like it, call him by his middle name.

I completely disagree that is takes away from their own individuality. They are two different people!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Nope, i think its dumb to name a kid after yourself, give him his own name.
    jenn4443

• I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2011