Nc Moms they want to cut 48% of our education budget! Are you going to call and say no?

Well I got the list of reps to call in my area, and I know they are different for other moms who dont live in my county, but it affects you and your children. In our county alone we will lose 84 teachers aides, extra funding for about everything. We already rank 46 Nationwide in terms of what we spend on our kids education. This will make us 50th our of 50 states.

So whose going to call and tell them not to pass this budget? I know I already have and passed out atleast 100 flyers after school today!

Asked by gemgem at 3:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow. That's ridiculous. I will absolutely be saying no to that.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• good for you keep fighting!

But first you have to see were the money is going, if they are wasting it than you have to keep a eye on that.

Throwing money at the school will not make our kids smarter, I hope you know that?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I do know that doesnt make them smarter, but when our principles are making over $100k a year, and our Super Intendant is making $250k a year I think they can make cuts some where else.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Exactly...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Ha ha well thanks for the spelling lesson but I didnt go to school in NC.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Ok so then dont call. I am calling since I do live in this state and in my county parents do things with their kids. I am sure it is not that way everywhere, but personally I want my kids to have every advantage at school and at home.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• HAving intelligent parents who insist that their children read and learn and respect teachers is essential. It will be even more important now that all states are cutting their education funds. You can still learn at home and spend time at the Library. ANd, get those kids off of the video games. THat amount of time on the computer or XBox,etc,. is a real waste of time that should be devoted to education!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• "Principals" and "Superintendent"

It seems the money they were spending before didn't do much good.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 3:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• The state can spend billions on their schools but if kids don't want to learn and their parents don't encourage them to study hard and learn and aspire to something better for themselves, it won't matter.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think the government wants to cut more education so everyone is dumb enough to believe everything they say, therefore they have complete control! I'm so sorry, if I was there I would call too.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011