What do you think of serving beer & wine at a movie theater?

Starting this weekend the movie theater I manage at will start serving beer and wine. I've gotten a lot of positive reactions BUT I've also gotten fussed at, eyes rolled at me, teeth sucked, etc when they ask what we're building and I say a bar.

So, what do you ladies think?

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 3:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Entertainment

• We have a couple here and they all do really well. They are nice, comfy and the food is good and a great place to take the family. Some people don't have the option of a sitter or family member to watch the kids so it's a good way to incorporate the entire family into date night.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Sure. I remember when we were in the Air Force in Germany that we went to movies in England (we traveled alot) where they served wine,beer,and it was really quite nice!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would love to drink wine while watching a movie lol!!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Oh---also when my daughter and I went to NYC and saw some Broadway plays, they always served wines,etc, during the Intermissions and it was classy. Really made the evening special.
    FOr
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• minnesotanice, Some theaters we can't even go into because of gangs and roudy teens....last year on Christmas Day there was a shooting at the theater we usually went too....and that theater wasn't even in what is considered a "bad part of town"....any kind of liquor in theaters around here would just be ridiculous!!!
    Anonymous

• The regular theatres by us don't serve alcohol but a rep theatre does. Doesn't cause a fuss among patrons so it's fine by me.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 3:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• We go to the Movie Tavern all the time and it's a blast. It's always packed too.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• The theater we go to regularly has a small bar that serves a few different beers and coolers and stuff. It's roped off from the rest of the theater and there's a sign that says that the drinks can't leave that area. I know a lot of people go to the theater a long time before their movie starts, so they can eat (our theater has pizza and burgers and stuff), so why not enjoy a drink too? I've never seen anyone drunk at the movies and I've only ever seen like two people in there at once, so I really think it's fine.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think it's awesome. I know a cinema here that does that and serves food and they are doing amazing. I would tthough make sure you have dome big security guys just incase someone gets too tipsy and tries to act crazy. ( I work in a club so I know how they can get) GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I go to see movies at theaters that serve alcohol and food whenever I go to the movies. Love them!!
    spoiled_wife

Answer by spoiled_wife at 3:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2011