How do you manage your time?Stay at home moms.

I have a lack of motivation to get chores done because they come undone like right after they were done! haha life as a mom right? Anyway.. I'm going to try to map out my time from when I'm usually up and moving to when DH gets home :)
Give me some of your ideas so I can become a Smarter Mom Please :):)
Thank yous!
ps if you are going to bash I have had enough bashing just leave thank you :)

spitfire06

Asked by spitfire06 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• my kids are off to school by 9:40, i just have my 2 year old with me, i usually get my running around done after they go to school, come home and clean i am usually done by lunch time, then i have 2 hours to play with my son before the kids start coming home, my husband gets home about 7, so i am cleaning all over again until he gets home! lol my kids like to make messes pssh why can't a 5, 3 and 2 year old keep a clean house?!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 3:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My time is all over the place...I try to schedule things but I'm a huge procrastinator and it doesnt usually work out that way lol.....I throw a bunch of stuff into the crockpot when I first wake up in the morning that way dinner is ready once DH gets home...I sit around on Cafemom for a big portion of the day (although to be fair I'm also working on teaching my 4 yr daughter to write at the same time) then about 2 or 3 hours before DH is due home I drag myself away from the computer to start cleaning up....but of course the second he comes in the house he's messing everything up again lol...so I clean again before we go to bed....and that's my day lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Wish I could help we just dont follow any sort of schedule here! We take the days as they come & go with the flow haha I also only have one child too so I'm sure with more then one you cant do this as easily!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

•  Are your kids in school or at home? what hours does dh work? Try to make a cleaning schedule so you can get things done when the fewest amount of people are home. When my little ones were home (they're all in school now) I did my major cleaning at nap time and bedtime. Once a week I put ds/dd in my room to nap so I could clean their room. I do laundry everyday, but on Mondays and Tuesdays I wash bedding only. I also have a basket in the kitchen that I throw things in that need to be put in another room later like hair brushes, toys, and books. In the summer when all my kids are home, even though they're big we have down time. They have to sit on their beds for 30mins to an hour and read or play board games so I can get some things done. Also, all my kids started picking up after themselves around 4yrs old. They are responsible for putting toys away, putting dirty clothes in the laundry room, etc.

lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I find that when I use a list, and set a reminder/alarm on my computer or iphone to get things done, it helps a lot. If I set a reminder for specific tasks at certain times or on certain days it's much easier for me to keep on track, especially since most chores don't take more than about 15 minutes when you break them up.

So, for example, there are a number of things I know I'll do every day: unload the dishwasher in the morning (I always run it at night), do a load of laundry, etc, so for those, I set a reminder to get them done in the morning. Then for afternoon stuff, I try to break it down to things I do once or twice a week such as cleaning the bathrooms or vacuuming, and set a reminder for those.

I would suggest making a list of everything you do daily and weekly. Then organize them on a calendar (Google Calendar is great) so you can assign a time for each one as a "goal".
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 3:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Also, I should mention that after a while, a lot of it just becomes routine. It may seem overwhelming at first to follow that kind of schedule, but for things like the dishwasher, it's just something that I get done while making the kids breakfast so I don't even have to have the reminder for that anymore.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 3:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• thank you mamas =] Great Advice And i will have to look into the google calander thing :)
    spitfire06

Comment by spitfire06 (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• 6:00- wake up, make breakfast, wake up Kaleb
    6:30 Kallista, Chloe, Daisy and Ginger get up, change diapers and get them dressed
    6:45- eat breakfast
    7:00- Kaleb gets on bus
    7:30-9:30- clean entire house, vacuuming, dusting, kitchen, bathrooms, all bedrooms, and mopping and sweeping
    9:45- momy break time
    10:30- craft time
    11:30- diaper changes and lnch
    12:20- take Kallista to Pre-K
    12:45- clean front and back yard
    1:00 - nap time r 2 youngest and mommy break time
    2:45- pick kids up from school
    3:00- homwork, and reclean house to perfect for when dad gets home :)
    4:00- Dinner
    5:00- clean kitcehn , then baths
    6:00- Daisy goes to bed, quiet movies time for the other 3 ( baby is down with us)
    6:30- mom and dad movie time, and relax time
    7:00- kids n bed...period!
    9:00- shower for us and bed
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I don't know. It was way too difficult when my kids were little and I gave up, lol. Now that they are older and 3 of them are in school all day (10, 9 and 8) and it's just the 2 little ones at home (5 and 9 months) it's not so hard. Plus my kids pretty much take care of themselves thanks to training and me expecting them to do things for themselves that they know how to do (like get their own cereal and sandwiches). I don't even have to wake them up for school. They get up and ready on their own. I just get up to make sure the girls brush their hair before they leave. After they're gone and I'm completely caffeined up I empty and reload the dishwasher. wipe down the counters and sweep the kitchen. My 5yo helps clean up the other rooms and I vacuum if I think it needs it. All other chores I do when and if I feel like it. The kids are responsible for cleaning up their own messes. I'm not their maid.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• The crazy time is after school. Kids get home at 4pm and do their homework at the counter while I cook dinner. Then they do their chores until dinner time. We eat at 5pm. After dinner they finish any homework/chores and can do whatever until 7pm...usually they go outside and I relax at the computer until 7pm. At 7 they come in, TVs go off and they do their reading for 30 minutes then start getting ready for bed. They only shower if they need it or on Sunday (if they've been outside they usually need it...they get muddy). Bedtime is 8pm...lights out no if ands or buts.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011