Smokers.....how many of you quit during pregnancy but went back to it after the birth?

brypmom

Asked by brypmom at 3:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I did, the minute I gave birth I wanted one! and had one!, but later on quit for good again, it proved to me that it can be done and I did.

Answer by older at 3:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i quit smoking when i found out that i was pregnant i'm 19 weeks and 3 days along and don't plan on starting up again once the baby is born
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• my step daughter did this twice and never understood it. But then again I have know people who quit for decades and went back to the almighty smoke, those things are evil and you can't tell me they don't have addicting chemicals in them
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I quit smoking when me and DH decided to try getting pregnant...I sneaked every once in awhile during the year it took me to actually get pregnant and then quit completely once I seen those 2 pink lines lol.....I don't have any intention of going back to smoking but I can't honestly say that it won't happen...I've been smoking off and on since I was 13 yrs old....it's an addiction that I will probably struggle with for the rest of my life

Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I did with both of my pregnancies. Ugh. I didn't start back immediately, but within a few months after giving birth each time, I was back at it, sneaking around in the driveway...I quit for what I hope is the FINAL time a few years ago!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i quit just before midway through my pregnancy. working at a grocery store makes it harder to quit (seriously, everyone smokes there). i think she was less than five days when i started back. i've promised myself that i'll have quit by the time i'm 25
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 3:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• the day i got a positive i told dh i was pregnant, i was super stressed (unplanned) & tried to smoke, but i felt pure guilt & didnt finish it. that night i went to smoke & again.. GUILT.. Never smoked again & that was over 4yrs ago.

My family (smokers) all said "as soon as u deliver your going to beg to go outside for a smoke"..
    Never happened. I cant stand the smell now. :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• never have smoked
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I quit too....walked in the docs smoking she told me I was positive....walked out lit up and threw up. Started up again soon after he was born. Struggling to quit now.......so full of chemicals I can't even pronounce the names......
    brypmom

Comment by brypmom (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2011