What was your rock bottom that got you to finally, SUCCESSFULLY lose weight?

It seems we need a rock bottom to finally get our rear in gear- I know I did! What was yours?

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 3:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I just know I'm sick of feeling sick. I'm a type 2 diabetic and I lost 50 pounds when I was diagnosed because I wanted kids. And i've since had 2 healthy kids but I let myself slowly slide again and I'm just through. It's a disservice to my kids to not be as healthy as possible. And when I'm losing weight and eating healthy I feel stronger and of course look better. My kids are my motivation. 21 pounds down, 30-40 to go....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• um lets see i was 20 at the time had 2 kids and got stuck going down the slide at the park lmao i went from 186 to 113 even had my 3rd baby gained 27 pounds with her but would workout everyday well take walks. :) and it all came back off right away!! i love that i can run around with all 3 of my babies now for hours well 2 cuz the youngest is only 6 months old..and i look damn good for my hubby..even though he says i look good either way :p
    mommyof3_21

Answer by mommyof3_21 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• pictures. i was getting SICK of dressing up like a model and then pictures going on FB that made me look like what i call a fatty. I finally wanted to lose wieght and was getting frustrated even starving myself and exercising my lil heart out and the scale wouldnt budge! but my friend could brag he lost 30 or so pounds almost the same time i was trying too. He finally told me all i need to do was watch my salt, and lord knows i had to put salt on EVERYTHING so i cut back and its been melting off. THANK YOU to him!!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I saw my pictures from vacation in the Dominican and wanted to cry. After that I started using Spark People and lost some serious weight.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:35 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• jeans not fitting the same
    sendcheer

Answer by sendcheer at 4:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• The doctor told me that my weight was genetic- basically like it was out of my control. I was hoping she'd tell me that I needed to lose it since being morbidly obese puts you at risk for so many things. That day I realized that no one was going to make me lose the weight no one could do it for me. It was a choice I had to make. So I made it.

I've lost 51.3 pounds so far. It's been 15 weeks =)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:45 PM on May. 4, 2011