Did you buy everything brand new for your baby or did you get stuff used from friends?

mamawilbur

Asked by mamawilbur at 3:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got a lot of hand me down clothes. I love that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Almost everything was hand-me-down, consignment or yard sale.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• None of my friends have children lol....hell none of my friends are married! lol...that's why I'm on CM all day long lol....but anyways to answer your question, we've had to buy everything new....I suggested to DH we go to like Once Upon A Child to get some stuff but he would rather have it new so.....yeah lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i like shopping for new babies :) i got a lot of used things too which is AWESOME :) i usually get a new crib and carseat an big things like that, but clothes, swings and bouncers i can take used.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 3:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I bought a mixture of new and used and had some hand me downs.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• gosh i would hate to have to buy everything new i'm 19 weeks and 3 days along in my pregnancy and i bought my basinet bought a couple outfits new and bought a infant car seat from the good will,got a changing table,stroller,crib,and a bunch of clothes givin to me and i still have my baby shower :)
    mamawilbur

Comment by mamawilbur (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Both. Most of the big stuff (play pen, stroller & carseat) were new. The crib was used. I got a mix of new and used clothes. This was for my 1st.

My 2nd, which was a girl also, got all hand me down stuff from her sister (minus the clothes) but got new and used clothes.

Poor 2nd kid - seconds always seem to get the shaft! LOL
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• baby stuff is so expensive if your on a tight budget so it's nice to have new stuff :)
    mamawilbur

Comment by mamawilbur (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• The majority of our stuff was second hand or hand-me-downs. I think the only thing we started with that was brand new was some clothes (of course, mostly gifts), the stroller and carseat, and like... a baby monitor and a dresser. Oh and the crib mattress. We got the crib and some NICE bedding ($300 value) for $20 total at a garage sale - they were my parents' neighbors and they knew who we were, so they were very generous. As long as it's in good condition and doesn't look old, I'll accept it.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• @ AdensMama0308 same here
    mamawilbur

Comment by mamawilbur (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2011