How many cans of formula do you go thru in a month with a 5 month old?

airmom04

Asked by airmom04 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got 9 cans a month through WIC, and I think we would end up having to buy a can or two. Does that help?
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I was just wondering.. I have a 9 month old and I BF.. But i was reading an artical today about this lady that was dilluting her 5 month old formula and almost killed him..She says that she coulsnt afford formula and she has WIC.. she says that her baby goes thru 15 cans a month..
    airmom04

Answer by airmom04 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Thats way too much. My 6 mo old twins go through 10 a month each. My toddler used 10 at that age also
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i get 10 12oz cans a month from WIC & ive never had to buy any extra. sometimes i still have a can at the end of the month. i read about that story & her kid would have to be VERY hungry to go thru 15 cans a month. my DD will be 6 mo in a week & is in the 95% for both height & weight & has never needed that much formula. it said she was feeding him 12 oz using what should be 8 oz of formula...sounds like a lotta formula to me.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• She was probably selling it, it's a fairly common money-making scheme. Sick!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My son went through about 7 cans a month.
    + it was expensive!
    It helped that i breastfeed for 5 months.
    But it really just depends how much your child drinks.
    bekahbaby35

Answer by bekahbaby35 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Before I breastfed I always ran out of formula from WIC. I never dreamed of selling it. I'd always have to buy a bit towards the end of the month.
    Anonymous

• Through wic I get 10 cans of formula because my baby girl is on the Infamil Lipil Gental Ease and the cans are smaller but we still have to buy a few extra ones during the month and my baby is only 2 months old going on 3 in Dec.
    Cliodina

Answer by Cliodina at 12:24 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Is everyone on "f"ing WIC in here? You own a computer and pay for internet every month but I am paying for your babyfood. How can you all look at yourselves in the mirror, I pay 35% income tax and I am clipping coupons to feed my son..........Everyone on WIC stop having kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2008