Is there anything you refuse to answer because you KNOW you'll get bashed?

There is one particular topic that comes up every once in awhile that I feel pretty strongly about but I know MOST moms are 100% against.....I always open the question planning on answering but then change my mind because I don't feel like everyone on CM calling me a bad mother...I don't answer it Anon.....because well...I havent BEEN answering questions Anon so why start now you know?

Anything like this for you or am I the only one who is chickenshit on here? LOL {wink}

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I won't get in to debates about spanking. People take it to the extreme like if you spank your kid its being done with a nail-spiked bat. lol I also avoid questions regarding single moms because I've never been one, so I don't know how I'd feel in that situation.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Nope. Some things I skip because it's an old, tired argument, but not because of being disagreed with. It is interesting the response you get from people who normally agree with you when you have the audacity to disagree. Suddenly, all the things they like about you are just mean and horrible when you're arguing with THEM instead of carrying the debate for them against someone else.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• no
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• no i just let them bash me, they don't know me and have no clue what i have been through in my life. i understand people have different ideas about life and they should too before they bash. i don't go into a question to bash someone, only to give my opinion.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• OMG..I hate getting voted down for what I think is an honest answer,, I try never ever to bash,, just use my experience,, but don't you know ,, some mommas just want to believe they are right no matter what,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I hear ya - Yes ma'am, I just leave questions alone that I have long-since learned were just a bear traps among the daisies. However, if the topic is actually being discussed in an adult manner I *might* join in - very, very rarely though. And then there are those very personal questions that are just no one's business but my own - and I NEVER go there.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 4:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Its sad that a person cannot ask a question without alot of people jumping on them. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and to ask questions, or at least I thought they did.

Everyone does. It's sad that some people can't see being disagreed with (especially in a debate section) as simply being disagreed with rather than being bashed. If someone's first reaction to an OP responding to their answer is to freak out and accuse people of overreacting or singling them out, they probably shouldn't be participating, but that's not because they're being bashed.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes, I avoid answering many nowdays. Even when I agree with the posters, I get down votes or someone is spinning my answers ....I don't like being bashed for no reason ---except that I am a Democrat and for some reason, that automatically makes me wrong about everything.. ..so I just don't answer as much anymore. I could say the sky is blue and someone would vote me down.LOL.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• nah, i'll answer even if it's a no win thing..

example: Illegal immigrants getting benefits - No one wins and there is no "best answer" but I'll put in my dime (2 cents just doesn't cover it) and go about my life.. no one will agree 100% of the time and there are some issues that will never go away or change.. doesn't change how I feel about them.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• PS no your not the only one who is chicken shit,, lol after the corn syrup debate,, i just don't answer, I feel like my its my name and I will use it, but not in a forum to get beat up on,,, so i just bypass,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2011