Swimming babies..

so today i took my daughter to the pool, which we do pretty often. she loves the water...anyways, today i dunked her under water for the first time and she didnt freak! no crying or anything.. she did great! anyone elses baby do well with this? i figured she was gonna freak out cry and hate the water after that. im so proud!

cnv13085

Asked by cnv13085 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Isn't that SO much fun! I remember DS doing well with that, too. We did the infant swim class with him his first summer. It was fun!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes, we did that the secret is that you do not put fear in them. Your fear. If you act like it is fun, they are likely to have fun with it too. My one granddaughter was jumping off the diving board and swimming to the ladder when she was 1 year and 9 months. Her swimming was underwater but she did it. We were right there if she needed us. Her other grandfather almost died when he saw it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• by the way she is 11 months...forgot to add that
    cnv13085

Comment by cnv13085 (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My youngest was that way. Nothing about water phases him. I hope it lasts!!
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2011