I swear if anything else happens this week i am going to the looney bin for the weekend!!! Part 2

so on monday my son who is 16 says i talked to my dad. ok, not liking this at all. He has never been in his life because he spend the last 16 yrs in prison. He says i want to give him a chance and start over with him. then today he starts texting me (son) saying i want to go live in Indiana with my Dad, WHAT??????? he says you have had me all these years and i hate it here. I want to start over. I am like what happened to everytime i wanted us to move you would say i want to graduate here? IDK he says. I ask how is he going to support you? he says he will get a job. Just please let me go. Seriously? he says its my choice and i start getting pissed off and tell him that if you think of just going then it will be kidnapping and he will be back in prison. I know the wrong thing to say but its true, he has no freaking rights to him, he can't even pay anything torwards him but he thinks he can take care of him, OMG!!!!!! this is so freaking messed up.

and i can't find a job and my unemployment has run out. UGH!!!!!! help. i need advice.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Health

• I'm sorry :(

I suppose it is his choice, but if you don't think his father is fit to be a parent then it isn't his choice. If his dad spent the past 16 years in prison, I personally, wouldn't let my child go live with him right away. Idk how he is as a father, but I would want some time for him to 1. Prove that he is going to be a good caregiver. And 2. Prove that he will stay out of jail.

But I don't know him, what he did to go to prison, or what kind of parent he is, those are just a couple of things I would want to be proven to me first. And this will sound mean but if he were my child I wouldn't let him go. I would make him finish school first, and when he's 18 he can go do whatever he wants.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 3:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I make no sense when i am mad. so sorry.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• hugsgood luckdon't have a real answer

mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• he went to prison for rape. and he has never even met Dakota. he wanted me to get an abortion so bad when i got pregnant. I do not even know the guy anymore, that was 17 years ago.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I wouldn't let him go get a lawyer
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 4:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Oh wow. That all would greatly effect my decision.

Does he want your son to go live with him, or is it just your son saying that he wants to go live with his father?
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 4:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Wow...I just wanted to tell you good luck!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• take it one day one step at a time
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2011