MIL won't make a bottle UPDATED

She's watched my son quite a few times now and she won't even learn how she just makes her husband do it. This is the woman with a bachelors in english language and she keeps insisting that she can't.
I mean with my Mother it took some getting used to that when I hand you an eight ounce bottle doesn't mean you need to make eight ounces and just because it smells like powdered milk does not mean it keeps like powdered milk.

I guess I'm just touchy because of the comments both of them have made about my formula feeding but does the not making bottles thing seem weird to anyone else?

SHE ONLY WATCHES HIM EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. Jeez I just wanted to know if it seemed strange to anyone else.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 3:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• nah, long as SOMEONE is making the bottles and the babe is being fed I wouldn't care. Your baby your choice when it comes to formula or not.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Is she watching the baby while you work? Can you make 3 or 4 for her to heat in the microwave? Or make a pitcher?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• You're annoyed because your MIL won't make a bottle? Formula? I don't see what the big deal is if there is another person with her. Don't let her watch your son if you don't like what she does or doesn't do..
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• As long as someone else is making them and the baby is still getting fed..I wouldnt care,don't let it bother you.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• We live with them so she's the easiest babysitter most of the time and I try to leave some with her but I'm worried if my FIL isn't there if she'll do it because so far she just feeds him a lot of baby food if her husband isn't there.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Why don't you make bottle ahead of time for her so that she just has to grab one out of the fridge to give the kid???
    MelissaBK

Answer by MelissaBK at 3:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I do it runs out. He seems to run out even if I leave 3 bottles and that's all the nipples we have that he'll take.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Well, find someone else to watch your baby...if you know she cannot and will not make a bottle for your child, then you're to blame as well if the baby doesn't get fed....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• As long as the baby is being fed, then their snootiness doesn't matter.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011